10 Kitchen Cleaning Tips
The kitchen may just be the most used room in the house. Family meals, game night, all those times where everyone is in the kitchen together are great, but they can definitely make your kitchen look like a disaster! When it comes to cleaning your kitchen it doesn’t have to be a big hassle or take hours to get done. Follow my 10 kitchen cleaning tips to make the job fast and easy!
10 Kitchen Cleaning Tips
1. Things from other rooms have a tendency to end up in the kitchen. Toys, books, the kid’s underwear; hey it happens. The first thing you need to do is to gather up all the items that don’t belong and put them in a bag or bin to be put in their proper places later.
2. Wash any dishes in the sink, dry them and then put them away. If you have a dishwasher you can load the dishes and run the wash cycle. You can do a web search to make homemade dish soap to save some money.
3. Wipe down the table, all counter tops and any appliances that are kept on the counters. You can use a spray cleaner or wipes made for the kitchen. These cleaners can easily be made at home as well, saving you money over store bought products.
4. When watering plants that are in the kitchen, wipe up any drips that occur. Also wipe down light fixtures and window sills at this time. It will take you 2 minutes and keeps the dust from building up.
5. Wet about 5 paper towels and put them in the microwave on high for 3 minutes. Wait a few minutes for the paper towels to cool and then use them to wipe the inside of the microwave. The steam makes it so easy!
6. After cleaning the microwave add about 1/2 cup of lemon juice to 1 cup of water and microwave it on high for another 3 minutes. Wait for it to cool before removing. This will freshen the microwave and get rid of odors.
7. A great way to clean your coffee pot is by running vinegar through it instead of water. After you run the vinegar through one time, pour it out. Then run plain water through at least twice to remove the vinegar smell.
8. Pour some baking soda into a clogged drain. Then add vinegar and let it bubble and sit for 10 minutes. Pour a pot of boiling water down the drain. Repeat if the clog hasn’t cleared.
9. Equal parts of salt and vinegar make a paste that removes tea and coffee stains from mugs and ketchup is perfect for cleaning copper pots.
10. Sweeping and mopping the floor should be the last thing you do before exiting the kitchen and getting to relax! Do this a few times a week (more if you have pets that shed or lots of traffic in the kitchen.)
You will be surprised by how good some of these tips work, making things faster and easier for you. With my 10 kitchen cleaning tips, your kitchen will be clean and look great, without a lot of extra work.
Also check out these cleaning tips: