Peace of Mind with The Honeywell Lyric™ Water Leak and Freeze Detector
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser Honeywell. All opinions are mine alone. #ConnectYourHome #CollectiveBias
Frozen pipes and water leaks detection made easy!
With busy lives, it can be difficult to keep track and monitor your home’s needs. Honeywell has enhanced the convenience of home functionality with the Lyric™ family of connected devices. The Honeywell Lyric™ Water Leak and Freeze Detector eases your worry of frozen pipes or water leaks by sending timely alerts and notifications to your phone! Also as part of the Lyric™ family is the Lyric™ Round Wi-Fi Thermostat. This thermostat is like no other you will you have seen before! You can install these yourself too! Get peace of mind with TheHoneywell Lyric™ Water Leak and Freeze Detector. It makes frozen pipes and water leak detection easy so you can take action! Frozen pipes and water leaks are no joke!
The Honeywell Lyric™ Water Leak and Freeze Detector was easy to install and took less than ten minutes. First, figure out where you would like your the Lyric™ Wi-Fi Water Leak and Freeze Detector(s) to be placed. I was able to install my detector between my water heater and washing machine because they sit side-by-side. Make sure to visitHoneywell Your Home Site to see all the places that are best for the Lyric™ Wi-Fi Water Leak and Freeze Detector. The first thing you need to do before installing the Lyric™ family products is to download the Lyric™ app from the App Store.
Here’s how to install your new Lyric™ Wi-Fi Water Leak and Freeze Detector:
1. Remove the backing from the Lyric™ Wi-Fi Water Leak and Freeze Detector to access the battery compartment on the unit and insert the batteries as indicated in the chamber.
- Once the batteries are inserted, you will hear and tone to confirm power to the Lyric™ Wi-Fi Water Leak and Freeze Detector. The Lyric™ Wi-Fi Water Leak and Freeze Detector light will now blink blue to indicate the detector is ready to be connected to your phone via Bluetooth.
- To connect your phone with Bluetooth, open your Lyric™ app and select “Add New Device”, then “Lyric™ Water Leak and Freeze Detector.” Provide a location for your device (Basement, Bathroom, Kitchen, etc.) and press NEXT. Your detector will pair itself to the app. Once the detector is paired, an audible tone will sound, and your detector’s blue indicator light will now turn to a solid light and then press NEXT.
- Choose your Wi-Fi from the list provided, press NEXT, enter your Wi-Fi password, Press NEXT. Once connected to your Wi-Fi network the indicator light will turn to a solid green LED light.
- Your Lyric™ Wi-Fi Water Leak and Freeze Detector is now ready to be mounted! If desired, place the included screw into the wall until the screws head is almost flush with the wall surface. Leave enough distance to be able to hang the detector securely against the wall on the screw. An Optional Sensor Cord is available for even more convenience. Your detector can be laid, gray side down, on the floor instead of mounted on the wall.
To add the Optional Sensor Cord; remove the black rubber plug from the port on the bottom of the Lyric™ Wi-Fi Water Leak and Freeze Detector and insert cord. The rubber plug should now be placed in the port at the opposite end of the Sensor Cord, and then plugged into the detector. Place the end with the rubber plug on the floor to sense any leaks and relax knowing you’re prepared to be notified of a water leak or freeze. Head toThe Home Depot and pick up your Lyric™ Wi-Fi Water Leak and Freeze Detector to get peace of mind today too!
Get peace of mind, don’t worry about frozen pipes, water leaks or cleaning up a mess!
Get Honeywell Lyric™ Water Leak and Freeze Detector
Installing a new thermostat can be intimidating. But have no fear! Honeywell has provided an easy step-by-step guide to install your new Lyric™ Thermostat. I preferred using the Lyric™ app to install my new thermostat.
- The Lyric Thermostat will work with common 24-volt systems:
- Single Stage Heating and Cooling
- Multistage Heating and Cooling
- Heating Only or Cooling Only
- Furnace (Warm Air)
- Central Air Conditioning
- Heat Pump without Auxiliary Heat
- Heat Pump with Auxiliary Heat (Including Dual Fuel)
- Hot Water
- Steam or Gravity
- Gas Fireplaces (24 Volts)
- Does NOT work with electric baseboard heating (120/240V)
First, gather all tool required to complete the installation.
Next, turn off the breaker to your thermostat and air conditioner/heat pump by turning off the specific breaker(s) in your home’s electric panel and verify the system is off.
Remove the existing thermostat’s faceplate to expose the wiring. Do NOT remove any wires at this point.
Take a picture of the existing wiring. So you can refer to this when installing the Lyric™ thermostat. The Lyric™ app allows you to select and organize by color the existing wiring and clearly shows where your wires will go when installing the Lyric™ thermostat.
Disconnect all wiring from the old thermostat making sure the wires do not slip back into the wall.
Mark the desired hole locations with a ball point pen. Then using a 7/32″ drill bit, drill holes for the anchors. Then place the anchors into the drilled holes until they are flush with the wall.
If desired, attached the Lyric™ thermostat back plate to the optional wall plate included with your new thermostat. If you do not want to use the optional wall plate, proceed to bundle the wiring together and pass the wires through the clear rubber holder on the back plate.
Now using the Lyric™ app you will see a picture of the thermostat back plate with the wires shown exactly where the belong on the Lyric™ thermostat. Place the wires into the corresponding terminals. The wires are to be pressed into the terminal until the wire can not be removed without using a ball point pen to depress the release button.
All the wiring is installed and has been checked. Place the provided screw into the top hole of the backplate and screw it into the top anchor you installed. Do not tighten the screw completely. This will prevent you from being able to level your new thermostat. Repeat the same process with the bottom screw. You will notice Honeywell has built-in a level on the Lyric™ back plate just above the bottom screw hole. Adjust the back plate until the bubble inside the level is between the two centerlines. Once the backplate is level, hold the back plate against the wall and completely tighten the bottom screw to secure the leveled position. Now tighten the top screw and the backplate installation is complete.
Now simply snap the Lyric™ thermostat front plate into place and turn the breaker and power back on. Once power has been restored; your new thermostat will turn itself on. It could take up to three minutes for the thermostat to completely turn on and be ready to program.
Installation is complete! Log into the Lyric™ app and connect and configure the thermostat by following the very simple steps and before you know it you will be in full control your comfort with your phone. You can learn more at theLyric™ site, or check out thisvideo.
You can even use Siri to adjust your thermostat! I was really blown away with all the features the app and thermostat has.
Compatibility with Apple® HomeKit™ and Samsung® SmartThings™ lets you control a wide range of connected products ranging from lights to garage doors.
Be sure to read the material provided and explore the Lyric™ app regarding your new thermostat. There are many features and benefits provided by using the Lyric™ Thermostat. You can now have more control of your home!