Winter Cleaning Tips
7 Winter Cleaning Tips To Remember
Winter is upon us. I don’t know about you but it seems like we skipped fall all together here, ha! When it comes to winter cleaning, we do things a little different than we do during the other seasons, so I thought I would round up a few of my favorite winter cleaning tips and share them with you!
1. Go through your closet- Winter is a good time to go through your closet. You will be switching your summer wardrobe out for your winter one, so while you are in there make sure you only have things that fit and you still wear. I go by the 6 month rule, if you haven’t worn it in the last 6 months, donate it!
2. Clean your boots! If you get snow like we do, you boots are going to get a lot of wear in the next few months. Make sure you clean your boots well and spray them with protectent so they are winter ready.
3. Take time daily to disinfect your surfaces! We all know that winter is cold and flu season and you can help yourself in the fight against the sniffles by taking the time everyday to disinfect the surfaces in your home.
4. Dust Often! You will see an influx of dust in the winter because it will be so warm and dry in your house. Make sure to keep up with the dust weekly so you don’t have a big mess on your hands!
5. Clean your Furnace! Your furnace is going to be getting a lot of work in during the winter months, and making sure it is clean and the filter is changed (once a month) will help it work better and be more energy efficient.
6. Check your spices! The winter months have 2 major holidays so that usually means a lot of cooking, while you are already in the kitchen take a look at your spices and throw out any expired spices for fresh ones.
7. Clean your kitchen ceiling – I know your ceiling is not something a lot of people think about when cleaning but you should! With it being so warm in your home in the winter and the steam from cooking rising you will want to cleaning your kitchen ceiling to prevent a film from forming.
There you have it, 7 winter cleaning tips to remember in the next few months. What are your winter cleaning tips?
Check out more cleaning tips: