Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Ants
Ants inside and around your home can become a huge nuisance! You need to get rid of them ASAP, but you may be worried about using chemical sprays because of the danger they pose to your children and pets. Take a look at some of our natural ways to get rid of ants. These remedies are safe to use in your home but will effectively get rid of those pesky ants! Before using these natural ways to get rid of ants, do a thorough cleaning in your home, especially the kitchen, to remove and spills or crumbs that they may be attracted to.
10 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Ants
1. Use a mixture of white vinegar and water to mop floors and clean countertops. This will help to keep the ants away. You can also use white vinegar directly on an ant hill.
2. Keep a spray bottle with a mixture of water and dish soap. Spray on any ants that you find in your home. This will kill them.
3. Put a line of cinnamon or cayenne pepper around the borders of cabinets. Ants will not cross the line!
4. Boiling water poured over an ant hill will kill the ants immediately.
5. Lemon juice sprayed in openings that ants are entering through will eliminate the problem.
6. Sprinkle corn meal in places where you see the ants. The ants will eat it, but they can’t digest it so it will kill them.
7. Sprinkle farina (uncooked) wherever you see ants in your home. When the ants eat the farina, it will expand in their stomachs and kill them.
8. Use a stick of chalk to draw a thick line around the doorways into your house. The ants will not cross the line into your home.
9. Fill a spray bottle with 25 drops of peppermint or cinnamon essential oil and water. Spray around doorways to prevent ants from entering the house.
10. Ants come into your home looking for easy access to food. Be sure to seal all packages after using and do not leave plates, bowls, or cups around the house after eating or drinking. If they can’t find food in your home, they will be less likely to stick around and invite their friends!
You don’t need to use harmful chemicals if you have an ant problem in or around your home. There are natural ways to get rid of ants without putting your family and pets at risk of getting sick. Let us know if you used any of our ideas and how they worked for you!
Check out more cleaning tips: