Natural Refrigerator Cleaning Tips
Natural Refrigerator Cleaning Tips
Fridge cleaning steps:
Razor blade scraper – pack of four (at dollar store)
Watch my video below:
Natural Refrigerator Cleaning Tips Steps
1. Clean out your Refrigerator – Great time to solicit help from your kids – Take everything out, throw away expired articles. Be cognizant of time and keep articles in cool environment as you begin to sanitize the fridge.
2. Refresher Cleaner shelves My homemade cleaner has no chemicals – vinegar, boiling water,baking soda, and essential oils. Keeps the Fridge Clean by spraying down all areas in the Fridge and letting the spray penetrate the residue and stains.
3. Remove and Clean bins. As the Refresher cleaner is soaking into the shelves, take out the bins, empty the crumbs, and spray them down in the sink with refresher spray as well.
4. Scrape and wipe shelves – with your razor blade, go around the shelves and remove left over juice, syrup and other hard to remove emulsified liquids. They should come off fairly easily since your spray has been soaking away. Once scraped down, re-spray and wipe down with rag.
6. Wipe down Fridge sides, undersides of shelves, hard to reach placed There will always be areas that you can not see that harbor germs. Look under the shelves in the bracket areas, on the sides of the fridge and of course the lowest bottom area where liquids will conjugate. Spray down with Refresher and wipe.
7. Kill Oder – This is accomplished with the refresher spray. No extra step needed.
7. Put bins back –
8. One last wipe down – take paper towel with a small amount of refresher, wipe down horizontals and verticals one more time removing your finger prints and any last spots. Also do this with the bottles and food containers you put back in.
10. Finishing touches – quick sweep under and wipe up top. Save the Freezer for another day as that can take just as long to do properly (future Men Clean article). Last touch, clean the outside doors with rage and refresher spray!
Share your Natural Refrigerator Cleaning Tips with us, leave a comment below.
For more cleaning tips, check these out:
Cleaning House Checklist
Training and Teaching Kids to Clean
Homemade All Purpose Cleaner Recipe
October 16, 2014 @ 1:13 am
Solid way to clean the frig- very concise and well put together. That spilled soda and stuff is what always gets me!
October 16, 2014 @ 4:48 am
I have too say great post I will try this see how it goes thanks for sharing this love for my fridge too smell great
October 16, 2014 @ 3:04 pm
I love cleaning everything with vinegar and baking soda! It disinfects and cleans so well
October 17, 2014 @ 10:00 am
I really want to try the refresher spray recipe. Any you have some great tips as far as how to go about cleaning the refrigerator – sometimes a chore seems impossible until you break it down into easy steps.
October 17, 2014 @ 10:23 pm
I’m going to have to try this solution. Sounds inexpensive and I love that it’s natural.
October 18, 2014 @ 3:32 am
Nice, I hate cleaning my fridge so i’m definitely going to be using a few of these tips!
Dawn Dish Soap Alternative Uses #DawnBeyondtheSink - menclean.com
October 25, 2014 @ 9:53 am
[…] Fall Cleaning Checklist Cleaning House Checklist Natural Refrigerator Cleaning Tips […]
October 30, 2014 @ 2:45 pm
I just checked out my refrigerator and started to dread the process of cleaning it out. The job has to be done to make room for all the holiday foods as I am already preparing for Thanksgiving at our house. I really like the idea of making the refresher spray with boiling water, vinegar, baking soda and essential oil – I love the scent of lavender and can’t wait to try this out. I hope it takes the edge off this tough task.
March 23, 2016 @ 4:55 pm
Pretty useful tips! I plan to clean my fridge soon and I feel overwhelmed when I think of how much work is to clean the fridge. I definitely need to make a list and have a good plan before I start. Thanks for sharing!
April 7, 2016 @ 5:51 am
Wow!! @Mat!! What a great article on cleaning a refrigerator..The things you covered in your post must say are interesting. Actually, Cleaning the refrigerator is a dreaded, but necessary task. Cool post. I just love your post..Absolutely, worth to share..Thanks for posting..
April 26, 2016 @ 1:04 am
I bet that smells great when you get done! Will have to give it a try 🙂
April 26, 2016 @ 1:18 am
These are awesome tips thanks for the inspiration to clean my fridge.
April 26, 2016 @ 1:34 am
You make it look easy. Maybe I will tackle ours soon.