Tile Cleaning Tips
Tile floors need to be maintained regularly to keep them looking shiny and beautiful. It may seem like a lot of work but with a pretty simple routine that you stick to, it can be a piece a cake. By taking a few minutes everyday to keep your tile floor clean, you can keep the process easy, do-able and also avoid using strong chemicals or harsh cleansers that will eventually damage your tiles. Here are 5 tips for cleaning your tile floors.
Tile Cleaning Tips
1. Use a dry dust mop or vacuum every day to do a quick once over. Remove any loose dirt and prevent it from building up and working its way deeper into the tile and grout. Avoid brooms, because the bristles can scratch up your tiles.
2. Every other day wet your mop with warm water and wring it out. Mop your tile floor to get rid of any stains or marks and to keep it shining. Every other day may seem like a lot to you, but when you do this, you prevent any dirt or stains from setting. This makes mopping a very fast and easy task. You’ll be surprised when you see how quick it is when you mop more frequently. This also prevents you from needing to use any cleansers that can, in time, do damage to your tiles. If you have any stains or extra dirt mix a bit of white vinegar with your water for a mild but effective cleaning.
3. After mopping, use a dry mop or a clean, soft, dry cloth to dry your tiles instead of allowing them to air dry. This will keep the water from attracting any debris or dust and making the floor get dirty again faster.
4. If your tile gets a stain that vinegar and water are not strong enough to remove, you may have to use a disinfectant spray or other cleanser. Use the cleanser only in the area with the stain, clean it quickly, go over it with warm water to remove any residue and then dry the area.
5. To keep your grout looking new and bright, once a week use a paste of baking soda and water with a toothbrush to gently scrub the grout. Wipe the paste off with warm water on a cloth and then dry. This is probably the hardest step, but it is so worth it when you see how great it looks when your done!
Your tile floor can be shiny and beautiful for many years if you take good care of it and give it the attention it needs. Use my 5 tile cleaning tips to get started. I promise it’s a lot easier than you think!
Share with us your Tile Cleaning Tips, comment below.
Check out these other cleaning tips: